Mexicanidad Classes 2011-12
Mexican Music, Dance and Visual Arts
09.19.2011 - 06.30.2012
Mano a Mano: Mexican Culture Without Borders
Mexicanidad is our arts, culture, and humanities program which provides people from all over the New York City area the opportunity to learn about and participate in Mexican culture. From mariachi to nahuatl, Mexicanidad offers a variety of classes to students of all ages, taught by instructors who are passionate about what they do. Mexicanidad is a celebration of Mexican heritage, a way of promoting Mexico’s rich cultural traditions. Mexicanidad is also about eliminating boundaries and bringing people from all walks of life together to share a common experience.
Ongoing through June 16, 2012
MEXICANIDAD 2011-2012: SEPTember 19, 2011- JUNe 16, 2012
Image courtesy of Hugo Sanchez
- 6-7 pm Ballet Folklorico classes with Jose Refugio Gonzalez- Adults
- 7- 8 pm Nahuatl classes with Irwin Sanchez- all ages
- 6-8 pm Creative Bilingual Writing Workshop with Mary Ellen Sanger- 18 years and over (Free)
- 6-7 pm Mariachi classes with Alvaro Paulino Jr- Beginner guitar, guitarron and vihuela
- 7-8 pm Mariachi classes with Alvaro Paulino Jr- Intermediate guitar, guitarron and vihuela
Image cortesy of Mexico Lindo y Querido News
- Wednesday 6-7 pm Mariachi Trumpet classes with Alvaro Paulino Jr. Beginner- Registration is open!
- 7-8 pm Mariachi violin classes with Alvaro Paulino Jr- Beginner- Class Closed
Image courtesy of Alejandra Regalado
- 12-1 pm Guitar Classes with Sinuhe Padilla-Isunza- Beginner
- 1-2 pm Voice classes with Mexican Songbook with Diana Rosano- All ages- Class Closed
- 2-3 pm Voice Class with the Soprano Diana Rosano and the music of Mexico- All ages- Registration is open, class started on January 28
- 4-5 pm Danzon Class with Ballet Folklorico Mexicano de Nueva York- Registration open- Class starts on March 3rd
$ 15 per session when you sign up to the program
$ 20 for a single trial class
$ 30 registration fee for new students
Funding for Mexicanidad is provided in part by: the New York State Council on the Arts, a State Agency; by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council; and by individual donors like you.
Share this program with your networks!